Welcome to the official website of the Girl Scouts MAKE YOUR OWN BADGE.
Our Commitment To Privacy
Data Collection and Use
Collection and Use of Personal Information
In order to utilize certain functionality on the Website, including the creation and purchase of a customized badge, you may be required to register on the Website and submit certain Personal Information, including your name, birth date, email address, address, phone number and payment information such as a credit card number. In order to register for the Website and submit any Personal Information, you must be at least 13 years old. This Personal Information is used to support your relationship with the Website and to process any transactions you initiate through the Website.
If you create a customized badge and wish to share it with your friends, parents, or a troop volunteer, you may submit the name and email address of the person with whom you wish to share your badge. We will use this information to send that person an email containing a link through which they can view your badge. We retain this information for the sole purpose of sending this one-time email and tracking the success of our referral program. The person to whom you send this communication may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request that we remove this information from our database.
We may also collect certain pieces of Personal Information if you choose to contact Girl Scouts using the contact form available on the Website. Any Personal Information submitted through the “Contact Us” form will only be used for purposes of responding to your comment or question. We will not retain this Personal Information after we respond to your question or comment.
Collection of Non-Personal Information
Through the use of “cookies”, we may collect non-personal information from you about your usage of the Website and/or store certain pieces of Personal Information such as when you register, when you visit the Website, when you make a purchase, or any time you provide information to us about yourself.
The Website automatically receives and records other non-personal information on our server logs from your browser even if you do not register with the Website, for example, your IP address, information collected through cookies as described above, and information about the pages you visit. The non-personal information is gathered as general user information on the Website to assist Girl Scouts to better customize content you see, improve our services, conduct research, customize marketing and provide anonymous reporting for internal and external clients.
We may use third-party advertising companies to serve or track ads on the Website. These companies may use information (although they may not use not Personal Information including your name, address, email address or telephone number) about your visits to this and other websites in order to measure advertising effectiveness and to provide advertisements about goods and services that may be of interest to you.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
We do not rent, trade, or share Personal Information with third parties except to provide products or services you've requested, when we have your permission, or under the following circumstances:
- We use other third parties such as a credit card processing company to bill you for goods sold on the Website, and an email service provider to send out emails on our behalf. When you make a purchase on the Website or sign up for our email list, we will share the necessary amount of Personal Information as necessary for the third party to provide that service, including your name, address, credit card information and email address. These third parties are prohibited from using your Personal Information for promotional purposes.
- We provide non-personal information to interested third parties for purposes of understanding the usage patterns for certain content, services, advertisements, promotions, and/or functionality on the Website.
- We use both your Personal Information and certain non-personal information to improve the quality and design of the Website and to create new features, promotions, functionality, and services by storing, tracking, and analyzing User preferences and trends.
- We reserve the right to disclose your Personal Information as required by law and when we believe that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights and/or comply with a judicial proceeding, or legal process served on the Website or Girl Scouts.
- We may share Personal Information if we believe it is necessary in order to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person, violations of Girl Scouts MAKE YOUR OWN BADGE’s Terms and Conditions, or as otherwise required by law.
- In the event Girl Scouts goes through a business transaction, such as a merger, acquisition by another company, or sale of all or a portion of its assets, your Personal Information will likely be among the assets transferred. If we have your email address, you will be notified via email of any such change in ownership or control of your Personal Information.
- If you use a blog on the Website, be aware that any personally identifiable information you submit there can be read, collected, or used by other users of these blogs, and could be used to send you unsolicited messages. We are not responsible for the Personal Information you choose to submit in these blogs.
- The Website may post customer news and/or events on the Website which may contain Personal Information. We do obtain the customer’s consent via email prior to posting the news and/or event to post their name along with their news and/or event.
How is my personal information protected?
We use commercially reasonable safeguards to maintain the confidentiality of your Personal Information. We will take appropriate technical and organizational measures to protect your Personal Information against: (a) accidental or unlawful destruction; (b) accidental loss; and (c) unauthorized alteration, disclosure, or access. However, no security systems are impenetrable. We cannot guarantee the security of our database, Website, or services, nor can we guarantee that the information you supply will not be intercepted while being transmitted to us over the Internet. We are not responsible for the actions of third parties.
What choices do I have about how my personal information is used?
We provide you the opportunity to ‘opt-out’ of having your Personal Information used for certain purposes, when we ask for this information. For example, if you purchase a product or service from us but do not wish to receive any additional marketing material from us, you can indicate your preference. If, at a later date, you no longer wish to receive our newsletter and promotional communications, you may opt-out of receiving them by following the instructions included in each newsletter or communication or by emailing us at email@example.com.
How do we protect children's privacy?
Girl Scouts is committed to protecting the privacy of children and does not knowingly or intentionally collect Personal Information online from children under the age of 13. If a child under the age of 13 wishes to design and/or purchase a customized badge through the Website, she is required to have a parent or guardian register and purchase the badge on her behalf.
Respect and Values
Lion Brothers Company, Inc. and Girl Scouts of the USA® are the sole owners of any information collected on Girl Scouts MAKE YOUR OWN BADGE.
GIRL SCOUTS MAKE YOUR OWN BADGE
10246 Reisterstown Road
Owings Mills, MD 21117 USA